A goal is not enough. It’s important, but it won’t motivate you on a day when things are tough. How do you find your mojo if you really want to attain something and your mood just isn’t supporting you?
You can use external means:
- Great music, a quote, YouTube, a book – all for inspiration
- Work with someone – make it a team event if you’re feeling isolated
- Change your environment
- Workout and use the adrenaline afterward to get a kickstart
- Organize your surroundings – for the control freaks like me, this helps!
You can shift your internal dialog by asking questions like:
- What do I really want?
- How would I behave if I really wanted this?
- How would I behave if I’d already attained this?
- What will be different when I have this?
- What’s the first step I can take right now to make progress?
Motivation is a tricky thing, it’s all internal and you’re the one to create it. Though external means contribute, motivation is an inside job.
Categories: Sue's Daily Blog