Preparing For Excellence #235
Preparation. It’s something Steven Covey wrote about years ago in The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. It’s the thing most highly successful people do with consistency. They make time for planning, preparation, and forethought.
In my Maximizing Success Journal, we include a weekly preview and review. They are used with permission (and altered) from my dear friend Mahtab Rezai (@mahtab). Too often, we rely on our patterns, existing knowledge, and comfort to avoid the preparation necessary to excel. It’s not that our talent isn’t there, it’s the fact that success belongs to those who are ready.
Think about the approaching week and consider:
- What are my expectations for this week?
- How will I be intentional with my time?
- What’s my focus for the week?
- What do I need to prepare myself for?
- What concerns do I have?
- What am I most excited about?
- What, if anything, needs to change this week?
- Who do I need to connect with?
- What or who do I need to say “no” to or let go of?
- What would set me up to maximize success this week?
After your preparation, consider how your week went? Was it better, worse or the same as weeks you’ve not prepared for?
Categories: Sue's Daily Blog