Resilience this year hasn’t been easy. We’re all fatigued, tired of the same, and frustrated.
Yet we need to carry on.
At this stage in the game, here are five things you can do which go beyond our staples:
- Make a list of things you love to do. Choose one or more of the things on the list and do them – as often as you need to. There is no rationing at this point, you may need more than you think.
- Take a nap. I did this and it was amazing. It’s not something I practice, and it was glorious.
- Insert more fun in your life. That’s right, the longer this continues, you need more laughs, ridiculousness and silliness.
- Take more breaks in your day. For those of us who lead leaders and may not find it peaceful to Netflix binge, we need it now more than ever. I take a break every 60-90 minutes no matter what. This little clock has ensured it. No more powering through. My eyes and mind need rest.
- Get outside!!!!!!!!!!! Vitamin D, fresh air, space and movement. Need I say more?
Certainly, keep up any other practices you have which help you maintain being your best every day. Please comment and let us know what keeps you resilient…
Photo Credit Cecilia Castelli.
Categories: Sue's Daily Blog