If you know me, you know I’m a morning person. I believe mornings hold immense power because they set the tone for the entire day and can make or break what’s accomplished. As the summer ends and we integrate into new routines, I wanted to share my five-step routine that sets my day up for success.
- Energize Naturally: I’m that annoying person who wakes up with natural energy, no coffee needed. I embrace this energy and begin the day with my most important tasks or meetings. Win early and often!
- S.A.V.E.R.S. Ritual: Inspired by The Miracle Morning, I follow Hal Elrod’s S.A.V.E.R.S. routine. I begin with at least five minutes of Silence, followed by Affirmations, and then I Visualize what a successful day looks like. Next, I Exercise, even if it’s just a brief walk. Then, I Read for five minutes and spend five minutes Scribing (journaling). This approach moves me into high gear.
- Prioritize with Purpose: Before diving into the hustle of my day, I identify one or two critical tasks that must be completed. This keeps me laser focused and helps me prioritize what’s most important.
- Dress for Success: Like it or not, appearance matters. Dressing with intention eases my morning routine. It saves time and guarantees I’m ready for the unexpected, preventing last-minute chaos.
- Structured Freedom: I embrace structure, not rigidity, because a well-designed morning routine allows for flexibility throughout my day. Structure is a pathway to productivity and freedom.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was the perfect morning routine. I’ve honed my routine over several years of trial and error.
If you’re looking to boost your morning mojo, try these five steps. You might increase your wins as well.
Categories: Sue's Daily Blog