Lisa David is a partner at eCapital Advisors, one of the nation’s largest performance management and business analytics firms, where she focuses on the organization’s go-to market strategy and solution definition. As a leader in the tech space, Lisa has valuable insights into the opportunities and challenges women in business face. Lisa also currently serves on the Dean’s Executive Advisory Board for the College of Business at the University of Northern Iowa. She is a past board member and Chairman of the Board for Vision Loss Resources. She is an active member of the Women’s President Organization where she was honored in 2013 and 2014 for leading one of the 50 fastest growing women-owned/led businesses. Lisa is also a member of the Committee of 200, a membership organization of women entrepreneurs and corporate innovators.
What You Will Learn:
- Lisa explains how she balances the many complex aspects of her career and home life, and she shares what she considers to be her “untouchables”: the aspects of her life that she considers to be a top priority.
- Lisa discusses her efforts to bring skills and lessons she has learned in her business role to her personal life, such as having morning “team huddle” meetings with her daughters.
- Lisa talks about her struggle with guilt and self-forgiveness when aspects of her life aren’t in balance or when she doesn’t do things perfectly, and she explains the strategies she uses to cope with these feelings.
- Lisa offers her thoughts on being a woman in business, especially in a male-dominated field like technology. She shares how she deals with being a mother who is often away from home traveling for work.
- Lisa talks about her efforts to mentor other women in business, including a luncheon she held with the goal of increasing the numbers of women leaders in her industry and others and forging connections.
- Lisa shares her feelings of vulnerability and unpreparedness she experienced when her 17-year-old daughter tore her ACL at a dance rehearsal, and how it impacted Lisa’s ability to focus on work.
- Lisa talks about her love of learning and how it has helped her to keep up with the rapidly changing technology innovations of today. She shares what the future will look like at her company, and why being open to innovation is critical.
- Lisa discusses how her team recognized the need to form an advisory board, how they chose the board’s members as a reflection of eCapital’s clientele, and how the advisory board helps to maximize the organization’s success.
- eCapital Advisors website: www.ecapitaladvisors.com
- Lisa David’s LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-david-7124861/
The Rapidly Changing World of Technology
You’re here because you know that learning never ends. You’re the kind of entrepreneur, business owner or leader who realizes that the pursuit of a perfect life, while a worthy goal, is also an impossible one. You know there is no end to the race, and you’re ready to power through anyway. You know that the climb to the top is endless, and you’re going to make the climb anyway. In short, you’re ready to become an unf♥<kwithable leader.
Lisa David is a partner at eCapital Advisors, one of the nation’s largest performance management and business analytics firms. She is also an active and engaged mom to her two daughters. Between being a woman in business in a male-dominated industry, frequent work-related travel, dance recitals and home responsibilities, Lisa’s life is a careful balance that helps her deal with the complexity of the many hats she wears.
During our conversation, Lisa discusses that complexity and how she prioritizes her life. She shares her love of her work and discusses how she interacts with the many men in her industry. And she offers her thoughts on vulnerability and emotional honesty. I know you will learn a lot from Lisa David’s valuable wisdom.
With so many different competing responsibilities, goals and distractions, Lisa has had to learn to prioritize what matters most. This has led to creating a shortlist of “untouchables”, the key things in life that Lisa refuses to compromise on. As a mother, her top priority is her family, and so one of the key items on her untouchables list is attending her daughter’s dance recitals.
This unwillingness to compromise on her priorities and values has helped Lisa keep what truly matters in perspective, despite the many things pressing her for her time and attention. As Lisa shared, she keeps her untouchables list relatively short, so that only the important things make the cut. This unyielding dedication to her priorities helps Lisa ensure that she focuses her precious and limited time on the things that truly deserve it.
Women in Business Staying Current with Technology
As a woman in the business of technology, one of Lisa’s chief goals is to stay current with emerging technologies and trends in the space. This is where her love of learning shines. As Lisa explained during our conversation, technologies that were science fiction just a few years ago are a reality today, and part of her work involves helping clients understand these new technologies and how they can benefit them.
Another thing that has changed about the tech industry is the rise of other women in the field, and Lisa is a strong advocate for supporting and promoting other women leaders in the still male-dominated industry. She recently hosted a luncheon where women in business leadership positions across many different industries gathered to discuss the unique challenges we all face in our careers, and the event was very well-received and wildly successful.
I hope that my conversation with Lisa David inspires you in your own professional and personal life. Keeping your priorities always insight is the true key to balancing your precious time effectively. Please visit www.intentionalgreatnesspodcast.com for more inspiring and uplifting episodes featuring remarkable women in business and women leaders like Lisa.
Get the first chapter of Sue’s book, Chasing Perfection: Shatter The Illusion along with the companion toolkit, the Maximizing Success Journal!