As an author, professional speaker and business owner, Wendy Barlin is so much more than an accountant. Her expertise is advising people to better manage their money with easy to understand and implement financial strategies.
Wendy is committed to her clients’ success. Whether analyzing cash flow or projecting income taxes, she ensures that all financial decisions lead to achieving her client’s life goals.
A native of Cape Town, South Africa, Wendy fell in love with the sparkle of the City of Angels while backpacking around the world in her 20s, in search of her dreams.
Wendy is a frequent speaker at conferences and association meetings, is a member of the California Society of CPA’s and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and can also often be seen as an expert on ABC7 News, CBSNLos Angeles and in many written publications across the United States.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Wendy’s Book, Never Budget Again
- How Wendy has seen her clients thrive by pivoting during the global pandemic
- Wendy’s M.O. and what makes her different from other CPAs
- How Wendy built a network of support in these difficult times, despite being a source of support for many others
- Why your budgeting strategy needs to be personalized in a way that fits your lifestyle and needs
- Why Wendy chose to pursue a career in finance
- Wendy’s experience as a woman and a leader in the heart of some of the most heated areas of racial unrest in our country
- Why Wendy refuses to play the victim or let anything stand in her way, no matter what part of the world she is in
- What helps Wendy stay resilient and goal-focused no matter what is thrown at her
- Book: Never Budget Again
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aboutprofitconsultant/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AboutProfit/
Navigating the Financial Minefield of COVID-19
Wendy Barlin might be a CPA, but don’t let that fool you—she is so much more than an accountant. Wendy is an author, professional speaker, and business owner who advises people to better manage their money with financial strategies that are easy to implement and understand. Whether analyzing cash flow or projecting income taxes, she ensures that all financial decisions lead to achieving her client’s life goals. In this episode of Intentional Greatness, Wendy joins us to share her story, explain how she is helping her clients navigate the financial minefield of this global pandemic, and talk about her new book, Never Budget Again.
Your Financial and Personal Interests at Heart
Wendy and I came together through the Women Presidents Organization, where I witnessed first-hand her ability to help women business leaders navigate the unwieldy world of finance. When you’re a business owner, your business finances and personal finances are so closely connected that you need an all-encompassing strategy to thrive. Throughout the COVID crisis and racial unrest in our country, Wendy has been a lifeline for so many business owners. Having someone that truly has your financial and personal interests at heart as they help you navigate these difficult times is irreplaceable.
Embracing the Change
The good news is that Wendy is an optimist by nature. While she has seen some businesses close, some have sparked and experienced unprecedented growth. Wendy has seen her clients embracing the change and making all of the moves they need to make to pivot, and they are doing extremely well as a result. From the PPP to the EIDL, you have to work with your CPA to stay on top of what government aid is out there, how it can be used, and what changes are being made to the legislation as time moves forward. As long as you are working with someone who understands your business, your life goals, and the steps you need to take to get there, CPAs don’t have to be scary at all.
Get the first chapter of Sue’s book, Chasing Perfection: Shatter The Illusion along with the companion toolkit, the Maximizing Success Journal!